Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

This past week has been a pretty normal week.  P-day and FHE on Monday, district meeting on Tuesday, and visits to several of the members of our branch each day.  The highlight of the week was when we delivered a birthday cake to a less active sister who has not been to church while we have been here.  She was so excited and grateful.  We had a really good visit with her and she said she and her family would all be coming to church on Sunday.  They didn't come, but we will keep hoping and praying for them.  Another sister we have been visiting did come and we were very happy to see her.  

Some times we visit people along with the young Elders.  It's always a very spiritual experience for us to see how these young men, two bus stops past high school like our mission president says, handle themselves and deal with people in stressful situations.  I have so much more respect for them now that I have seen them work up close.  The other evening we were meeting them in a neighborhood called "the projects."  There were "blue lights" blinking at every corner, indicating a high-crime area, and I was a little concerned.  It didn't faze these young men; they said hi and talked to everyone they met (so did Ken actually).  We're learning a lot from them, and if I had had on my "heavenly glasses", I'm sure I would have seen angels round about them.  

Thursday I went to see an orthopaedic doctor about my shoulder.  It has been bothering me since last spring.  I had x-rays and an MRI, and will be going back this coming Thursday for the results.  

Tomorrow it's going to snow again.  We were going to drive down to the temple with a sister who is going for the first time, but we think all the mission cars will be grounded, and we usually follow the rules to be safe.   It may just be a cozy day at home with a good book and some hot chocolate.  

We hope you are all well.  God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment