Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

With the holidays coming soon and the decorations all around, I have been feeling a little bit of a yearning for home.  I know that is normal and expected, but it has also made me appreciate this wonderful missionary experience even more.  I know I will have many more Christmases with my family in the future, but for now 
 I treasure the opportunity to be here.

Putting up the tree and other decorations
gave us that "hygglig" cozy and homey feeling.

Service to others is a great opportunity to forget one self and to truly remember what the Savior meant when he said in Matt 16:25:

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." 

These past two weeks, as we have visited with people who are less fortunate than most, we have felt the Holy Spirit again reassuring us that we are in the right place, doing what He wants us to do.  
I can't imagine a better feeling and we're are so grateful. 

This a good friend of ours.  He is homeless
and walks by the church often.  We frequently
invite him in for a hot meal and conversation.
He is a Vietnam veteran and a very nice guy.
Here he joined us for Family Fun Night.


The elders were teaching some of
the kids a fun relay game.

Last Wednesday, a sweet sister in
the branch invited us to an early
Thanksgiving dinner.
Everything was very nice and delicious.    
 
Never a dull moment with these guys. 
Five missionaries in a row waiting to be fed.

1 comment:

  1. Elder and Sister Lewis, we want to wish you a very happy Holiday Season. May you be blessed for your service. Love from the McRae Family. :)

    ReplyDelete